This programme is designed to allow students to be employed by Lawyers, Law and Auditing Firms, Banks and other Financial Organisations, as well as in the private sector as Legal assistants or paralegals. Many opportunities also exist in the private (government) sector.
Successful students will become qualified and competent assistants able to ensure that the primary legal services are more accessible and affordable to the public. Upon completion the learner will be able to:
- Conduct legal research on the behalf of a legal or paralegal practitioner
- Communicate with internal and external clients in a legal or paralegal workplace
- Guide and refer clients in a paralegal context
- Assist in solving problems in a paralegal context
- Provide administration and organizational support in an office environment
- Display ethical values and professional conduct when dealing with internal and external clients.